• Five and half cup Whole Wheat Flour
• Fifty grams Maida
• Half teaspoon Baking powder
• Two tablespoon oil
• Water to knead
• Blend the wheat flour, maida, salt and baking powder and mesh them altogether.
• Pour little oil in the flour and add some water bit by bit and make smooth and elastic dough and keep aside covered with moist muslin cloth for half an hour.
• Now make small equal balls of the dough and roll them like a thin chapati of about twelve inches diameter circle using a little dry flour
• Heat an inverted tawa.
• Place the roomali roti carefully over it and cook till done. Fold it like a handkerchief.
• Serve roomali roti hot with Indian curry or chutney.