• Two hundred fifty grams Whole wheat flour
• Half teaspoon baking powder
• One tablespoon yogurt
• One cup water
• One teaspoon salt
Method of preparation:
• Blend whole wheat flour with baking powder and salt. To this add yogurt and blend it until the yogurt gets completely mixed. Then add a little amount of water and knead it into soft dough. Confirm that you do not use much excess of water then it would be difficult to make the rotis. And if the dough is very hard then the rotis will not turn out to be soft.
• Shelter the dough with a wet cotton cloth and keep aside for half an hour.
• Pre heat the tandoor or oven for at least two minutes.
• Now make a small and equal round ball from the dough and roll it into round flat bread by dusting some of the flour to form a thick roti.
• Now bake the roti for at least four to five minutes in the clay tandoor or in case of an oven, at the temperature of two hundred degree Celsius.
• Once some black spots seems on top of the roti, remove the roti from the tandoor, sprinkle some ghee or butter and serve hot with the choice of dal and curry dish.