• 450 gm. to half kg chicken
• Salt as per the requirement
• Half table spoon Red chili powder
• Three fourth table spoon of lemon juice
• Half table spoon of garam masala powder
• One table spoon ginger garlic paste
• Half table spoon of turmeric
• Three fourth tablespoon of kasuri methi
• Three fourth table spoon of oil
• half cup thick curd
Makhani masala (gravy)
• one table spoon ginger garlic paste
• One thin two inch of cinnamon stick
• Two tablespoons of butter
• Two green cardamoms
• Eight cashew nuts or blanched soaked almonds
• Half table spoon of kasuri methi
• Two to three cloves
• Half table spoon garam masala powder
• One table spoon red chili powder or adjust to suit your taste and color
• Substantial pinch of methi powder or fenugreek seeds powder
• One to two green chilies slit
• Eighty to hundred ml chilled cream
• Coriander leaves for garnishing
• Four large tomatoes (pureed in the mixer and filtered to remove skin and seeds)
• One fourth table spoon sugar
• Wash & clean chicken and cut into pieces.
• Apply gentle cuts on the pieces to enable immersion of spices and marinated material into the chicken.
• Mix the ingredients of 1st marination and marinate it well.
• Keep the marinated chicken in refrigeration for 3-4 hours.
• Grill the chicken in an oven or on stove. For stove top method, add one table spoon of butter and add the flavoring. Fry the chicken on high flame till all the moisture evaporates. Keep moving continually to prevent from burning. Cook till it is cooked. Put the fried chicken in a plate and set aside.
• Heat a pan with butter and add dry spices and fry for a min. or two. Add green chilies and ginger garlic paste and fry till it turns perfumed.
• Add the tomato puree, red chili powder and salt to the pan. Mix and cook till the tomato puree becomes thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan
• Pour 1 cup of water and add methi powder, almond paste or almond milk. Regulate the water to suit your preferred consistency
• Bring the mixture to a boil and let boil for 4 to 5 minutes. Now add kasuri methi and garam masala, or add at a later step for the best aroma
• And now add the chicken and seethe it for about 6 to 8 minutes till it becomes soft and tender.
• Add garam masala and kasuri methi. Seethe and stir it for about 3 to 4 min. and at last pour chilled cream and switch off the stove.
• And now it is ready to serve.