• Two pounds of skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
• Two cups finely chopped onion (1 onion)
• Two tbsp. Minced peeled fresh ginger
• Two tsps. Curry powder
• One tsps. Ground coriander
• Half tsps. ground cumin
• Half tsps. crushed red pepper
• Four garlic cloves, minced
• Two cups cubed peeled baking potato
• One tsps. salt
• Fourteen point five ounce can petite diced tomatoes
• Two bay leaves
• One three inch cinnamon stick
• Half cup plain fat-free yogurt
• Four cups hot cooked long-grain brown rice
• One fourth cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Method of preparation:
• Warm up a large nonstick skillet over average high heat. Add chicken; cook for eight minutes or till lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; place in a five quart electric slow cooker. Add onion to pan; cook for three minutes. Add ginger and next five components (through garlic); cook for two minutes. Pour the combination over chicken in slow cooker. Stir constantly in potato and next four components (through cinnamon stick).
• Cover and cook on low heat for six minutes. Abandon bay leaves and cinnamon stick. Turn slow cooker off; let stand for fifteen minutes. Stir with the mixture of yogurt.
• Serve hot Chicken Qorma over rice. Sprinkle with cilantro.