• Two pounds Chicken
• Two tablespoon oil
• One large onion, finely chopped
• Two teaspoon Tomato paste
• Two teaspoon Poppy Seeds powder
• Two teaspoon Cashew nut powder
• Ten to fifteen strands Saffron
• Two teaspoon Milk
• One cup hot water
Ingredients to marinade:
• Two tablespoon thick yogurt
• Two teaspoon Dhaniya powder
• Two teaspoon cumin seed powder
• One teaspoon Ginger paste
• One teaspoon Garlic paste
• Half teaspoon Turmeric powder
• Two teaspoon Red Chilli powder
• Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
• Marinate the pieces of chicken in marinade for four to five hours.
• Warm the oil in bowl and add finely chopped onions.
• Stir constantly and fry till onion become light brown in color.
• After onion gets fried, than add tomato paste, cashew nut powder, poppy seed powder and fry for two to three minutes on low flame.
• After that, add pieces of chicken and keep mixing with the masala. When chicken dries, than add hot water.
• Cook the chicken on low flame for twenty to twenty five minutes or until chicken is well done. Keep stirring regularly.
• Add the saffron in milk and blend with chicken, keep on low flame for two minutes.
• For garnishing, sprinkle some of the finely chopped coriander leaves and some fried onions. Serve hot.