• One kilogram chicken fillets cut into pieces
• One fourth cup natural yogurt
• Two and half teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
• Two and half teaspoon fresh garlic, crushed
• Fifty ml vegetable oil or oil as per the requirement
• Two and half teaspoon salt
• One and half teaspoon ground cumin
• Three teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice mix)
• Half teaspoon hot chilli powder (optional)
• One tablespoon lemon juice
• Two to three pinches of tandoori color or turmeric powder, or five teaspoon sweet paprika powder (for color)
• One and half teaspoon chat masala (tangy spice mix)
• Three teaspoon lemon juice onion rings, fresh chopped coriander, to serve
Method of preparation:
• To make the marinade, mix the yogurt with a beater then add all the other components. Blend well. Add the chicken fillets and confirm that they get well covered with the marinade. Cover the vessel and put in the refrigerator for at least eight hours or overnight.
• Heat an oven one hundred eighty degree Celsius. Place a couple of smoldering charcoal pieces on a metallic plate at the bottom of the oven (to give smoky flavor). Place the chicken fillets on a plate with drip tray below and slide onto the middle shelf of the oven.
• Cook for ten to fifteen minutes, and then brown under top heat for five minutes from all the sides. Place chicken tikka’s in a vessel and sprinkle with chat masala and lemon juice. Serve hot, garnished with onion rings, lemon slices and fresh coriander leaves.