• One Mutton leg (Raan)
• Yogurt 250 gm.
• Milk half cup
• Saffron half table spoon
• Oil four Table spoon
• One table spoon Mixed hot spice(Garam Masala)
• Salt as per the taste
• Ginger max. 2 inches piece (properly chopped)
• One table spoon of roasted cumin seed (grinded with knife)
• Six Garlic cloves(properly chopped)
• Crushed chilli flakes one table spoon to taste
• One whole onion
• Five to six green chilies
• Two spring onion
Method of preparation
• Warm half cup of milk in pan, add saffron and stir it very well.
• Take leg (raan), mark cuts on both sides with the help of knife and rub mixed hot spice (Garam Masala) on both sides of the leg and leave it for 10 minutes.
• Take a bowl add Salt, Yogurt, Ginger, diluted Saffron (from step 1), Red Chilli flakes, Garlic, Oil, Grounded Cumin and mix well.
• Pour the solution from step 1 overhead on Mutton Leg and rub well.
• Leave it for another ten to twenty minutes.
• Place the Mutton Leg in roasting tray and just place green chilies, onion, and spring onion on top and now put into oven at 180 to 220 degree for 12 to 15 min. Change the side of Mutton Leg and let it baked for another 12 to 15 min.
After that take the leg out of the oven and pour all juices from the roasting tray to another pan and put the Leg in a serving plate.
Strain out Mixture of the Green Chilies, Onion and Spring Onion in a blender.
Add the mixed Onion, Green Chilies and Spring Onion back to the Juices and put it to bake till it turns into a thick sauce.
Once the sauce is ready pour it on the Mutton Leg
It is now ready to be served.